TRVA was founded in 1974 by Texas dealers who saw a bright future for this new industry.TRVA is a nonprofit trade organization organized under the IRS Code 501(c)6 which allows the association to earn certain income streams from what is determined to be Related Business Income: dues, registrations for seminars and conventions, etc. The association depends solely on its members for support and receives no federal grants.
Membership in TRVA is voluntary, however, there is no other organization in Texas which works each day to improve the public image of the RV industry, to promote the RV Lifestyle and to protect the right for your company to conduct business in this state other than TRVA. Our professional staff is well trained in all matters of the nonprofit sector and in the RV business. They work tirelessly, along with the TRVA Board of Directors, to be the shepherds of the RV industry in Texas.
Joining TRVA is a step in the right direction for your business. Once you become involved in the activities of the association and attend the annual convention, you will come to understand why some members would never open their doors without knowing TRVA was behind them 100%.
TRVA Statement of Purpose
- To promote the general welfare of the respective members.
- To sponsor comprehensive public educational programs that further the interest of the industry.
- To study, advise, support, and recommend the enactment of legislation in the interest of the Association and to represent the Association in all of its contacts with public authorities.
- To combat unduly restrictive regulations and promote the welfare of the recreational vehicle business and service concerns oriented to the industry.
- To cooperate for the advancement of the recreational vehicle industry and to study and resolve, insofar as possible, cooperatively and collectively all problems of the Association.
- To acquire, preserve and disseminate trade information pertaining to new developments in the area of recreational vehicle construction, parks and storage facilities.
- To conduct trade promotion activities, including advertising, public relations, and publicity for the betterment of the industry the Association serves.
- To do anything which may be necessary and proper for the accomplishment of the purposes herein set forth, or which shall be recognized as proper and lawful objectives of this Trade Association.
TRVA Code of Ethics
- To refrain from any acts that would bring discredit to our industry.
- Practice fair trade and assist in the elimination of unfair competition that may be prevalent therein.
- Promote and develop high standards of professionalism to the industry at the local level by refraining from advertising in any unethical or deceptive manner.
- Promote and maintain the highest standards of service and value to the public.
- Use only legal and ethical means if we should seek to influence legislation or regulation.
- Issue no false or misleading statements to the public.